We spent Monday packing and finishing gifts and cleaning and doing laundry.. preparing for our trip! It was nice to have Nick here while I was getting everything ready. Usually I'm trying to do it all while he's at work and end up in one big pile of stressed mess which leads to unorganized packing and forgetfulness.
We left as soon as the car was loaded and Trice had a fresh diaper on Tuesday morning. The trip went exceptionally well. We stopped to pick up a few last-minute gifts and we were on our way! We got to visit Nick's aunt and uncle for quite awhile. They had a bunch of old pictures for us to look through so we enjoyed that!
Wednesday morning Trice SLEPT IN .. say whaaat?! He picks Christmas day to finally sleep past 5 am?! We'll take it. We took our time getting ready. Mostly I wanted to soak up every second of the day with my family I could. Snuggles in bed are a sacred thing in our family.
We got Trice all spiffed up. He wore a sweater vest that Nick wore when he was just a little fella. I'm so glad Donna saved all these special outfits so our littles can wear them! First stop was Grandma Donna's house .. I LOVE Christmas morning at Nick's house. We always get holiday socks in our stocking and lots of sweets .. what could be better than that?
 |
| You guys are so... Lame. |
 |
| Hmm.. what do we have here, ma?! |
 |
| It might look like I'm sharing, but really I'd just like you to open this for me. |
 |
| This boy loves his grandma! |
 |
| Grandma needed a little help! |
 |
| Wait a second guys - that's MINE! |
 |
| Our present to Adam! |
 |
| Donna and her boys! |
 |
| Hugs for Grant! |
 |
| Uncle Adam is so cool! |
 |
| This is the best we could do. Don't judge. |
The morning went by way too fast.. as it always does on Christmas day! There's just never enough time. After a nap and pancakes it was time to head to our next stop - my brother's house...
No comments:
Post a Comment