I seem to have disappeared from the blog world. I have about 1,000 drafts staring at me, but I never take the time to finish them. I'm doing this thing called life and it's busy. Mostly, my thoughts are just too scattered. But today.. I decided I felt like blogging. Maybe I'll keep it up again. Maybe I'll finish those drafts. Maybe I won't. But today - I am sharing my joy.
Today was pure joy. In fact, the last few days were nothing but pure, unfiltered joy. The kind that makes you tear up and cling to every second wishing the clock would stop ticking. I wish I could have captured all of it - every moment - in a bottle to be opened and relived any time I want. It's days like these last few that I reach for on those days I feel tired, unworthy, stressed, and worn down.
Trice and I painted this beautiful portrait together today. I began by dumping little bits of paint onto the paper and running our fingers through it. We ended with Trice squeezing every last drop out of every paint container we owned onto the paper and using it as a slip 'n slide. It was way more fun his way (minus the moment his head nearly met the concrete). I only paused to take a few pictures when he was entirely in the zone, and then it was back to painting away. It ended with a nice garden hose bath full of giggles, squeals, and smiles that are etched forever in my soul. I love you little boy - all the way to the moon and back.
In case you're wondering, this WILL be framed for the play room!


No comments:
Post a Comment