Saturday, November 21, 2015

{SnOw} Day!

So.. it's almost Thanksgiving and I'm STILL in denial that summer is over. Fortunately we've been blessed with gorgeous weather so really we should have been expecting 8 inches for the first snowfall of the year. Right? We kind of go big or go home around here. I could complain but no one likes a complainer and to be honest - I think I MIGHT have been even more excited about our first official snow day than my 3-year-old (who was REALLY excited!) Ask me again in March but until then - I'm embracing these pajama, cooking baking, hot-chocolate-filled days! I really wanted to start a tradition this year of just simply celebrating the first big snowfall of the year... something that I don't have to replicate exactly ever year, that doesn't require any last minute trips to the store in a blizzard because I'm not prepared, and that doesn't require any extra work on my part because .. uh .. I'm lazy? So celebrate we did! Here's our day in picture/short witty caption form. Happy winter, y'all! 




Snow baby!

She LOVED it! She really wanted to be able to play like Trice!

I'm not convinced the neighbors weren't judging me, but I'm okay with it.

My name is Eliana and I love EVERYTHING.

Except when I fall over and snow pelts me in the face. I don't love that.





Having a sister is like having a built-in snow buddy .. or something!

This was our snowman named Petey (well that was his name by the end of the day after Trice forgot what his name was 3 times..)

Of course no snow day is complete without hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies .. okay, I just wanted an excuse to bake cookies. Trice caught me sneaking a 2nd one and gasped and said, "MOM! Cookies are a SOMETIMES food!" Whoops.

We'll just call this day the "day I decided my FAVORITE snow activity is writing names/drawing pictures in the snow with icicles!" That might just be the preschool teacher in me, though!








No comments:

Post a Comment