Monday, June 17, 2013

Anna + Weston {Wedding}

We travelled to Ames for the 2nd weekend in a row to celebrate the marriage of two great friends we met at Iowa State. We were very excited for this wedding because a lot of the old Iowa State crew would be in attendance .. and we love Ames .. and wedding cake! ;) 

We got to Ames on Friday and headed for Target, of course. Trice slept the ENTIRE way -- he may become a traveller after all. That makes the trip go so much faster. I sat up front with Benny which hasn't happened in a long time (maybe that's the trick) so we really got to chat like the old road trip days. This trip we played "Who can name the most counties in Iowa?" and "Who can name the most dance terms?" Is it bad if I schooled Benny in the counties one and he almost beat me in number of dance terms.. yikes! Anyway, I didn't even attempt naming the states. Probably a good thing since he told me to count while he named them and I said, "Ugh.. I can't count to 51." Have I mentioned I hope Trice gets Benny's smarts?!

We went to the hotel and spotted the Cy statue right away! I can't believe I never knew it was there. I know you'll be shocked that we took a picture (or 12)...



We ran into the bride and groom and the bride so kindly let us get ready in her hotel room (I'm sure she wanted to kill us.. but she should be used to Benny's lack of planning). The rehearsal was short and sweet due to rain. Trice did very well at teh rehearsal dinner. I entertained him by letting him throw noodles all over the floor - if you have a child, you know that sometimes you just have to do what keeps them happy even if it means some unpleasant looks shot your way. We read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" 500 times and then he was out in daddy's lap. We went back to Wendy's apartment where Trice and I fell asleep and Benny went to the hotel for awhile to hang out with some old friends .. something he doesn't get to do near enough.

A few pictures from rehearsal --





Saturday morning we went for a walk around campus with our friends, Chris and Wendi, and their adorable daughter, Emma. She's a year and a half so she's more mobile than Trice and he so badly wants to play with her! They are too cute together. It was fun to see campus and visit the bookstore - even if I did have to resist buying EVERYTHING.







The babies were in dire need of a nap following our little adventure. We went back to Benny's sister and fed Trice and loaded everything up to head to the hotel. Since we didn't have a room Friday night, we couldn't get in until noon on Saturday... this was a little stressful, but luckily we knew enough people in the wedding that we were able to find a quiet room where I could put Trice down for a nap and get ready myself. It got even more stressful when the front desk told us the poeple in our room requested a late check out time of 2pm. The wedding was at 3:30 and at that point I had stuff in 2 different hotel rooms and our car .. and needed to get myself and Trice ready without Benny there! Yikes! When we finally did get our room key, the room hadn't been cleaned so I lugged all our stuff and Trice down to the front desk to let them know ... we didn't get into our room until it was almost time for to head to the ceremony. We had a joining room with Wendi and Chris which was an AWESOME idea. Trice and Emma loved playing and it was very convenient. The ceremony and reception were just right down the hall so we could come back for diaper changes and whenever the kids needed a break.

Emma and Trice playing in the room! 


All dressed up for the wedding

The lovely bride!

I love my little family!


Ceremony -- gorgeous!!




"To Have and to Hold and to Keep My Milk Cold"

Signature Arthur & Benny Pose



Once the kiddos were down for the night, I sat in Wendi's room and chatted her ear off (I lack adult interaction .. obviously) and then it was time for bed. It all went way too fast! We wish the newlyweds many, many happy years! It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time.



No comments:

Post a Comment