Ironically, I spent the first part of Father's Day with my mother. She came and hung out with Trice and me at the hotel while Benny went disc golfing with his friends before they all headed home. Then we headed to walk around Reiman Gardens and out for lunch at one of our favorites -- Pancheros. Can we seriously get one here?! Thanks.
I had never been to Reiman Gardens before (what?!). It was a little warm, but it was beautiful. I think Trice will like it even more when he can run around on the paths. Definitely planning a picnic there for the Fall. And we decided if we were to do our wedding again, we'd get married in the Iowa State hot air balloon. I'm.not.kidding.
| Our Next Wedding Arch! |
| Strolling around with grandma |
We stopped at the stadium to take some pictures of Benny's first Father's Day!
When we got home (TRICE SLEPT THE WHOLE WAY .. AGAIN!!), my dad came over and we gave him his gift and grilled steaks! We were going to get ice cream, but some little boy was beyond ready for bed!! It was a great day.
| Benny's Father's Day Gift from Trice and Me |
| Father's Day gift Trice made for Benny |
| Trice is so lucky to have the best dad and grandpa in the world! |
| Great dads get promoted to Grandpas! I look ill - it was a long trip! Don't judge.. |
We are so lucky to have my dad so close. He's been our life saver so many times. He's always here when we need him. He is truly my hero and one of my very best friends! I couldn't imagine life without him. Yep, he's the best. Happy Father's Day to all you daddies out there!
And, of course, I am incredibly blessed to have Benny as Trice's dad. They are the bestest buddies and he kind of rocks at the whole dad thing. We love you, Benny!



No comments:
Post a Comment