I realize I've been MIA from my blog for awhile. There are several reasons for this, and I'm sad that I'm so far behind I don't think I'll ever catch up .. but this will be an easy peasy post to write so maybe it will get me back in the groove!
Trice LOVES bananas. Trice LOVES bread. I LOVE new ideas for him for breakfast/snack.
I don't do homemade. If I bake anything, it's from a box or the freezer section. However, I had 3 really ripe bananas and since Benny has become so anti-wastey over here, I decided I better use them up. I didn't want to make banana pies because they would never be as delicious as my neighbor Ashlee's pies. I came across a recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! I bought a Pampered Chef (ohhh. fancy!) loaf pan that has sat collecting dust in the back of my cupboard for let's just say a few years... so it was time to see how great it was.
I wish I could tell you if it was good or not, but honestly I think banana bread is disgusting. Like really disgusting. So I have nothing to compare it to... However, Trice gobbled it up and Benny gave it a thumbs up without knowing I had baked it. He did say the texture was a little different and when I admitted I switched out some ingredients, he admitted that he noticed. ;) But most importantly, Trice liked it and it was an easy thing to take along travelling to Ames this weekend.
Enough mumbo jumbo ..
Ingredients
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
What the directions said to do: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
What Grace actually did: Poured all ingredients in no particular order into bowl using minimal measuring devices because I apparently can't read. Stirred as long as I felt it needed to be stirred.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes (my oven is possessed so 40 minutes did the trick), until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Yummm..?
Anywho, I'm not sure how "healthy" this really is. I'm no nutritionist. I just ate half a bag of candy corn pumpkins for supper.. but I felt better using the whole wheat flour, applesauce, and honey. Some people offered suggestions for making it even healthier so maybe I'll have to give those a try. Happy Baking!!

No comments:
Post a Comment