Monday, May 6, 2013

4,5,6 - Time for the {Brick}

I know...I know - "They grow up so fast." My mama always said she was going to put a brick on our heads so we'd stop growing. Trice doesn't really like things on his head, so I don't think that would fly.. here's what our little peanut has been up to!



Length: 25.5 inches
Weight: 14.1 lbs
Sleeping: 2-3 naps during day and NO sleep at night
Feeding Schedule: Nurses every 2-3 Hours
Sounds/Motions: High pitched screams/squeals, rolls over (a lot!), scoots on tummy
Liks: Ice cold teething rings, bath time, Christmas lights, CELL PHONES
Dislikes: Sleeping at night
Favorite Toys & Games: Baby Animals counting book, Doggy teething ring, new rocking chair, Giraffe - Sophia, All your Christmas presents!
By the end of the month, you are learning to: Sit up for a few seconds without support, pass objects from one hand to the other, Give kisses
Highlights This Month: Got your first baby cough/cold and first high fever, Daddy purchased your first stock, You celebrated your first Christmas!






5..5 months...5 months olllddd!


Height: 25.75 inches
Weight: 15lbs 9oz
Sleeping Patterns: Usually 2 1-hour naps, up 2-3 times/night
Feeding Schedule: Nurses mostly every 3 hours, sometimes 2, sometimes 4. Takes about 6 oz when using bottle
Sounds and Motions: Babbling with your tongue - bababa, giving kisses (reaaal slobbery), army crawling
Likes: Obsessed with the heat vent (ugh), Pat-a-cake, "So Big", and airplane with dad
Dislikes: Being laid down, being "in" things -- chair, swing, bumbo
Favorite Toys & Games: Sophie the Giraffe
By the end of the month, you are learning to: sit up without support, get up on all 4's, sleep at night (sometimes), play peek-a-boo
Highlights This Month: Mommy started staying home with you, Daddy took a trip to Germany for a week, Sit unsupported for a bit, Celebrated daddy's Birthday!





He is now unstoppable.. not only does he roll, roll, roll all over the place, he can scoot on his belly and turn and pretty much get where he wants to go. It won't be long and he'll be crawling all over! I still live in denial and put a blanket on the floor in hopes that he'll play in that little area. I hate that my sweet baby boy is growing up, but I love all his new tricks. We are still head over heels in love with him and always will be!


The big 6.0



Long gone are the days I could lie Trice on the couch to sleep or on the floor to play for a minute. This kid is EVERYWHERE. I love it and it wears a mama out. I don't like to put Trice "in" things and he doesn't like it either, so basically I chase him around all day. I'm trying to baby proof the house, but I'm pretty sure there will always be something to tempt him. He's army crawling and it's turning into a regular crawl.

He got his first ear infection this month. Boo. I am also anti-medicine (yeah, I'm one of those crazy weird people) and we do not like to give Trice an antibiotic for every sniffle. I'm pretty glad he made it 6 months without really getting anything. He dislikes HATES medicine!

Trice is OBSESSED with the fridge. Anytime we even get near it, he freaks out like we are about to hand him the largest bottle of milk he's ever seen. Then when we do open it, he shrieks and kicks his legs like crazy and tries to dive for it. If Benny would let me, I would probably open and shut it all day long because it cracks me up. He likes cupboards and the microwave, too.

Height: 26.25 inches
Weight: 16lbs 4oz
Sleeping Patterns: Finally sleeping through the night and napping in crib!
Feeding Schedule: Nurses every 3-4 hours but some days it seems like he nurses all day long!
Sounds and Motions: Fake coughing, army crawling, take off hats and drop them, pull hair, "dada", try to get EVERYTHING in sight!
Likes: The fridge, daddy coming home from work, daddy rocking you to sleep
Dislikes: When we don't let you have things, medicine, napping in crib
Favorite Toys & Games: Ring stacker, Bug-cycle, peek-a-boo, pat a cake, shape sorter, g- pa's tie, pulling wipes out, reading books -- especially "Wheels on the Bus"
By the end of the month, you are learning to: get up on all 4's, flirt, say "dada" really well, initiate peek-a-boo, fill and dump, look for hidden objects
Highlights this Month: SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR A WHOLE WEEK (and then that was it..), Had an ultrasound on your spine to test for spina bifida (scared mommy but you are just fine), had your first official baby play date, first ear infection





So now that he's NINE months old, I should probably get to work on his 7,8,9 blog. What can I say? Life is a little busy around here .. and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment