This week started in the not-so-good range. I found out I had something wrong with me (yeah, yeah .. start that "You JUST found this out" jokes). Anyway, I had to start taking medication which I felt wasn't safe while nursing after consulting some people with more medical knowledge than myself. There were a lot of tears, a lot of panicking, and a lot of WHAT DO I DO NOWWWWW? But in the end, it has turned out to be a blessing -- definitely a sign from above -- to stop and take care of myself. I've been neglecting my health and well-being for 9 months and I feel I can be a much better mother when I am well-rested and happy. So, I put my big girl panties on and we're making it work. After all, it's only 7ish days. I will admit I have enjoyed having a little bit of freedom and not being the food source, but I think this break is all I needed to get a few things on track and prepare for a few more months of nursing. I am missing all those extra cuddle sessions...
Anyway, the point of all that (wow, I really got off-topic) was that I realized I have started focusing on the negatives a lot. I find myself thinking "why me? why this? why now? not fair." Pish posh. Life's not fair. Buck up, buttercup. So, as the week went on I started making note of little things each day that brought me joy. Obviously every single breath Trice takes brings me joy, but really trying to hone in on the little things... I found I needed a bigger piece of paper. Here are some of those things. I dare you to try it for a day -- I think you'll be surprised how much you really have to love about life.
1. My friend called to tell me I left her a voicemail of me singing "Wheels on the Bus" to Trice. That's taking pocket-dialing to a whole new level.
2. I met with the surgeon this week to follow up on my stomach issues - no changes, but he did inform me that even if I did 800 sit-ups every single day it wouldn't fix the problem. Challenge accepted -- NOT. I am not the least bit sad that I never even have to have an excuse to not do a sit-up again. He also said the only "cure" for my condition is to just be pregnant my whole life -- that challenge I do accept. :)
3. I found a bag of the most delicious fake buttercream mints left over from Robyn's shower. I thought they were all gone -- no worries, now they are. ;)
4. Trice took TWO .. not one .. TWO naps in his crib today. They may have been short but I kid you not - my house looks brand new. Well, brand new compared to what it's looked like for the last 9 months.
5. Trice picked up cheerios and put them in his mouth. Milestone. Check.
6. Windows-open-kind-of-weather.
7. PICNIC. My favorite past-time. Even had the standard Hy-Vee chicken.
8. Trice is getting bottles this week and I have to admit -- seeing daddy hold him while he stares at him and drinks it is enough to melt anyone's heart.

9. Pillow Fighting. There was a serious show down in our living room the other night between Trice and a pillow. For a good half an hour he wrestled that thing. I'm not sure who won, but I think Trice roughed that pillow up a little.
{Video to come!}
10. Trash Days - yes, I love trash days. I don't like going through people's trash. Creeps me out .. although I'm sure there are some treasures. I'm even more creeped out now after we had an idea for a prank that went.. er.. wrong. But I just find it hilarious to watch people drive up and down the streets all week long as slow as can be to see what they can find. Yes, we got rid of cable so I will take any form of entertainment I can get.

11. Day with my dad. Even if he did try to parent me by telling me to nap. I never did listen well.
12. Rompers. Enough said.
Go out - enjoy the sunshine. Take it all in. Appreciate the miracles around you. Every day is a gift -- so be in it.







I love this! :) I do hope things work out for your health and well being. Sending prayers your way! :) And it is always a little sad after you stop nursing, just be sure to sneak in some extra cuddle time!
ReplyDelete