Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let the Wild {Rumpus} Start

There's no chance I'll be sleeping in the next 5 hours because 90% of my body is composed of sugar at this current moment. 


While I am still overly excited, I thought I would check my Halloween post off my list! If you remember from last year, I was never a big Halloween fan... but now that I have Trice, I LOVE it. Like might be obsessed with it. Okay, I am. Which means we celebrate all week (well, month) long. 



MONDAY

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

What photo shoots REALLY look like!

Wednesday night we read "Where the Wild Things Are" (only one of the greatest children's books ever written) before bed and had quite the wild rumpus in Trice's nursery. If I wasn't already in the spirit, the wild rumpus definitely did it - kind of like when you read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve... 

THURSDAY

I had to post this one, too. Trice is in a total ham phase, and I love it! He had stopped smiling for pictures, so I'm pretty excited he cheeses when the camera comes out again...

Kisses for mommy!

I figure at some point in his life, he will no longer want cute little things on his butt.. but until then...



This little boy melts my heart to pieces. He loves his Ella-fendt and blankie so very much! Isn't he sweet?!


AND ISN'T HE ORNERY?! I was unloading the dishwasher today, grabbed something out of it, turned around for ONE second to put it in the cupboard, and turned back around to THIS! So, of course, I grabbed the camera (which was within reach of him) and snapped a quick picture.. and then took him out.. or did I? ;)


We made little treat bags for his babysitter's little girls complete with fun packs, candy corn erasers, ghost suckers and jack-o-lantern mandarin oranges! Trice was so excited to deliver them...







After Trice woke up from his not-long-enough nap which prevented me from making pumpkin bars for dessert, we tried out his dobber sponge. I went through my old t-shirts the other day and made a pile of "paint shirts" for him. For some reason, this made me extremely excited... and I'll admit, there is nothing cuter than a Trice running around in my old t-shirt. 




And without further hesitation, I introduce you to "Max - King of the Wild Things!"

I KNEW that nap wasn't long enough..

But then daddy came home and saved the day!!






Trice's costume was homemade.. the "real" version cost somewhere around $70, and that is NOT in our budget (nor should it be in anyone's budget!) I saw a Max costume on Pinterest months ago and knew immediately that's what he would be. It was pretty simple. He already had the gold crown from his 1st Birthday (it says "ONE" on the front, so we just turned it around). I bought the pajamas off Amazon for pretty darn cheap. I found the buttons on clearance at Walmart and some fur from Hobby Lobby. My friend sewed the tail and buttons on for me (since you KNOW I'm not capable of that..). I bought white mittens for $0.87 at Walmart and some white felt for like $0.23 and made claws. I literally used fabric glue at 11pm last night. The sceptor was a plan Christmas ornament from Hobby Lobby for around $1.99. I painted it with yellow paint we had around the house and a silver paint pen. I REALLY wanted him to have the monster treat bag from pottery barn, but I refused to pay $15. Benny told me to give it up, but last night I just couldn't stop thinking about it so I went to work. I just used felt, an orange pom I had around the house, and Benny's brown work socks. I glued everything to a canvas bag Trice already had. It wasn't very "durable," but it only had to last one night, right?! My only regret is that Benny didn't dress as the monster. I decided like a day ago that he HAD to, but I just couldn't find the right shirt or supplies to make a shirt work... he would have just needed a shirt and horns... oh well.. I'm sure Trice will ask to be Max again someday!

A trick-or-treating we will gooooo... 



Trice LOVED it! He would have gone to every single house. He figured out the system pretty quickly. Of course he told every person, "Bye!" when we turned around.


Wait a second... who's at our door?!

I better check this out...

Trick-or-treating at your own house is the best!

My favorite part of his costume!

He also LOVED all the kiddos coming to our door!

I wanted to leave his costume on FOREVER. It will be going back on for more pictures, but I decided he probably shouldn't eat chili in a white costume so I sadly took it off. But the pumpkin shaped cheese in his chili was enough to make me happy again..

..and then I pretended like he was really excited about it.
I'm THAT mom and didn't actually let Trice eat a single piece of candy. My reasoning is that he doesn't even know what candy is because he's never had it. Therefore, he doesn't ask to eat it or want to eat it... so why would I give him pure sugar?! The fact that I consumed 45 starburts tonight is probably the biggest reason. In my house growing up, candy was a staple - not a treat. I would prefer Trice not grow up with a sweet tooth the size of  Alaska. (Okay, okay.. I actually just wanted to do the "candy buy-back" program at the dentist office tomorrow to make some extra cash...). 

Anyway, Trice LOVED playing with it. It was crinkly and colorful and little... a sensory overload!




See, he's got this down..


Where's the good stuff, guys?!

Then this happened...





Halloween week last year vs. this year! My, how this little pumpkin has grown!

And mostly Benny and I haven't changed at all..




 
Well that escalated quickly...


It was a Halloween for the memory books blog! Trice had a blast and we did, too! I'm already dreaming up his costume for next year... I have to admit, I was a little heartbroken we only had 22 trick-or-treaters. We were expecting at least 100. Do kids not trick-or-treat anymore?! 

And to Trice I say, "Please don't go grow - I'll eat you up, I love you so!" 

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Good work on the homemade costume!! Definitly the way to go!

    ReplyDelete