Trice wears diapers for nap and bedtime only at this point (loving it!)
He has a tendency to remove his diaper as one of his billion ways to avoid sleep. After the 7th time of him coming out of his room refusing to nap today, I decided I was satisfied with him standing in his bed playing with a dinosaur so I could rest and attempt to not puke from day 2 of this horrible migraine (not relevant, but feel free to feel sorry for me).
Anyway, I'm in bed and I hear the little pitter-patter across the kitchen floor, and I secretly hope he just won't find me. I do a quick memory check of whether or not I put all the safety locks back on cupboards and decide he's probably safe...
The whole way he keeps saying, "I need to go potty, I need to go potty." (Usual excuse for getting out of bed) He got to my room, but I continued to pretend to be asleep in hopes that he'd turn around and go back to bed (or at least let me be). He pried my eyes open with his tiny fingers, and when I opened them I noticed he was naked... also not unusual.
But then.. he said, "Mommy, I threw my diaper away. It had poop in it."
REMAIN CALM. REMAIN CALM. THERE'S JUST POSSIBLY POOP SMEARED AND THROWN FROM HIS BEDROOM TO YOUR BEDROOM AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. DO NOT PANIC.
He was, indeed, telling the truth. I told him, "Let's go look in the trash." He pointed and said, "See. There's my diaper. It has poop in it." Yep, it did. I had to praise him for being so independent and putting his diaper in the right place. So then my question is .. where did he take the diaper off? How far did he carry it? He obviously is not skilled enough to carry it nicely containing all the poop inside. I decided hand washing was first on the list and then I did a quick sweep of the house looking for poop and decided to call it good in hopes that he MIGHT go to sleep still.
One hour later into the battle .. a lot of tears .. and finally this in mommy's bed. I didn't care one bit. I just wanted to close my own eyes. 45 minutes nap was sufficient enough for today. Isn't he so precious when he sleeps?!
I should add - my phone was nowhere near me. I woke up with no feeling in my left hip and my left ear felt as though it was on fire. I was terrified to move. Of course, he took a deep breath when I moved. I did some super stellar ninja moves to capture this picture. And yes, he woke up.

No comments:
Post a Comment