Sunday, October 19, 2014

Our {Weekend} in Pictures




We were going to glue orange paper on a pumpkin, but I couldn't find glue. So we improvised. Quickly cut out a pumpkin, grabbed some garage sale stickers, and drew a few circles to make it a little more exciting. He loved covering up the circles with the stickers... and stickers are great for fine motor, by the way. (I'm an early childhood worker - I think about these things.. don't judge). 



While Trice napped, I thought about all the things I should be doing .. and decided making a pumpkin for the fridge was probably THE most important.. so I did. Turns out, it made for hours of fun (and now he knows what eyebrows are)!



 Mommy went to "Gone Girl" with a couple girl friends on Friday night so daddy and Trice had a "Chuggington" movie night. The next morning Trice said, "Mommy, you have fun at the movie with your friends?" I said, "I did. Thanks for asking. Did you have fun watching a movie with daddy?" "It was VERY fun, mommy!"



Loves helping put the dishes away! 


After family pictures, we stopped at HyVee to get a few discounted pumpkins from papa. Trice was in the zone! 



Playing outside with daddy while mommy cooked supper .. Mr. Independent



Daddy let mommy sleep in on Saturday morning, so mommy returned the favor Sunday morning .. and we painted some toast. So much fun! 

Yummy toast pumpkins! Trice talked about them all day and requested we paint toast tomorrow with Sydney!


 I spent nap time on Sunday at a canvas painting with a couple girl friends in celebration of her 30th Birthday (which was in June). It took us this long to find a date that worked for all 3 of us!


 Typical Sunday morning of wrestling with daddy!

Pumpkin carving time!



Nick and I despise carving pumpkins, and I was not in the mood to paint them .. so this is what you get!




No comments:

Post a Comment