How far along: 28 Weeks
Weeks to go: 12 give or take a few! This is serious, folks.
Baby is the size of: Large Eggplant
Gender Prediction: Girl
Weight gain: 25 lbs
Symptoms: My hips - ouch. Peeing every 5 minutes. Starting to trip over my own feet (mostly because I can't see them)
Symptoms: My hips - ouch. Peeing every 5 minutes. Starting to trip over my own feet (mostly because I can't see them)
Mood: Pretty good. I'm my usual cry baby self, but that's not a pregnancy-related thing. I also am starting to stress a little over the fact that we have nothing ready or bought for this babe! Ah! I'm feeling so excited about giving birth this week (is that a thing?) But really, I am feeling so empowered and positive about this being a healing birth experience. I know I can do it!
Maternity clothes: Literally outgrowing practically all of them. Yikes.
Cravings: Milk. I could drink a gallon a day. But I stick to a quart. ;) Also, give me all the smoothies in the world. And still a huge fan of eggs.
Aversions: Not so much.
Sleep: Not happening. Like at all, actually.
Movement: Ohhhh yes! I love that I can feel body parts. Kicks are so strong these days!
Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks contractions getting stronger!
Best moment this week: A wonderful appointment with our doctor. We are SO blessed to have a doctor who truly cares about his patients. He is compassionate and never makes us feel like we're crazy (and trust me, I'm crazy). We were there for over an hour and he answered every single one of my questions, shared encouraging stories, etc. I could have cried. I'm feeling so much more at ease as delivery approaches thanks to him! I'm so happy he is on board with us and supports our decisions.
Worst moment this week: Tdap booster - not for wimps. Not at all.
Miss anything: Just comfy clothes!
Trice's Thoughts this Week: "Baby can't go to Hyvee with us because he has stinky feet. If he breaks his feet, I will have to carry him because he won't be able to walk... but who is going to push the babies cart?" One night one of his stall excuses was, "I can't sleep because I miss baby." He gives baby a hug and kiss every night. One day he put a dinosaur on my tummy and then leaned in and yelled, "No kicking dinosaur, baby!" -- baby went crazy.. so either baby likes his voice or they are going to be annoying each other for life. ;) One night he also asked me, "Does baby pray in your tummy?"
Appointment Notes: Heartbeat - 156. Baby is doing great, I'm still healthy and doing well. We start our every 2 week appointments now! Woohoo! At the next appointment, I'll sign all my paperwork for the VBAC.
I know I eliminated the belly button question, BUT I just wanted to say that anyone who sees my belly button at this point will have nightmares. It is horrifying. It looks like a tumor or one of those chocolates that goes on top of pb blossom cookies. Sick. Nasty. Ew.
Appointment Notes: Heartbeat - 156. Baby is doing great, I'm still healthy and doing well. We start our every 2 week appointments now! Woohoo! At the next appointment, I'll sign all my paperwork for the VBAC.
I know I eliminated the belly button question, BUT I just wanted to say that anyone who sees my belly button at this point will have nightmares. It is horrifying. It looks like a tumor or one of those chocolates that goes on top of pb blossom cookies. Sick. Nasty. Ew.
Just for fun...



No comments:
Post a Comment