Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bedtime {Woes}

Life behind bars - it was SO peaceful. ;)




What do you do when the terrible twos creep into your home and you can't enjoy a margarita?

You eat a lot of ice cream. And cry. And hide in your bedroom. And cry some more. Oh, and there's that second bowl of ice cream.

Then you put your big girl pants back on ... After you post a status on Facebook about it hoping SOMEONE will sympathize, of course. And then regretting that status because now people are judging you because, "You don't even know.. this is JUST the beginning.. he's just being a 2 year old." Oh the joys of motherhood via social networking. Delete.

But okay - the big girl pants are back on now.. pulled up, zipped, and buttoned. (Who am I kidding - my pants do NOT button these days, and even if they did, I would not be wearing button-up pants on a Saturday).

Mostly, nap time and bed time are the enemy. There are those other 45 meltdowns during the day that push your buttons a little, but the bar is raised at bedtime... I mean, who wants to go to sleep when your mom and dad are SO much fun? And how cool is it that you now have the freedom to get out of your bed all by yourself? And you're even big enough to reach the door knob and open the door? Wow.. Being 2 is fun.

... unless you're on the OTHER side of it. The crib was SO nice. Why did it have to go? Where is my sweet boy who was finally sleeping so well? Why won't he just go to sleep? Is that seriously the door again? I HEAR MOVEMENT. EVERYONE BE STILL! Nope, too late. He's on the loose.

Prepare for round 4 of battle. We really need a bigger army...

I wouldn't even care if he roamed his room to be honest, but the refusing to stay in his bed is what drives me to a bowl of ice cream in 2 seconds flat.

But we'll get through this - these phases come and go so quickly. By the time I come up with some magical cure-all for these bedtime woes, he'll be coloring all over the walls with sharpies or cutting his own hair. I know he's perfectly normal - and that's a good thing, isn't it? I love that he's becoming independent. Even if it causes a few gray hairs. Even if I ban Nick from leaving the house at bedtime ever again. Even if we have to put a deadbolt on his door. Kidding.

In the mean time, we better head to the store for some more ice cream.. on to round 7.



2 comments:

  1. Oh you make me smile! :) Someday you'll read this (or Trice will) and it will be such good memories of the hard times he gave you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I am just going to keep reading and commenting on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete