"It's the latest trend," they said.
"You get to drink wine," they said.
"You get to drink wine," they said.
"Oh, they basically paint if for you," they said.
"They can turn anyone into an artist," they said.
"It will be a blast," they said.
Well folks, they lied.
Canvas wine painting is NOT my thing.
Not to ruin the party for everyone - you should TOTALLY try it ...
Unless:
1) You are left-handed. Total disadvantage. I turn my paper sideways to write and you think I am going to be able to have skilled precision with a paint brush on a canvas standing straight up. Get real.
2) You must be able to consume wine. Or muscle relaxants. Or anxiety medication prior to and while painting. Really, all 3 would probably be best. If not, just don't do it.
3) If you cried nearly every day in elementary art class and draw a house with a sun and a tree every time you color with your child - you just aren't cut out for this kind of stuff. Don't beat yourself up - everyone has your strengths. Clearly art ins't yours.
![]() |
| Do you know what it is yet? Apple is the wrong answer but nice try! |
I will admit - my painting is OK. I'm not in love with it, but I imagined it being a whole lot worse. It was an experience.. that's for sure. My friends think we're going back in December to paint a snowman. I'm pretty sure they will forget to call me to register for that one.. in fact, I don't think I'll ever be invited again until I can fix the #2 issue! In all honesty, we made some fun memories and shared some laughs. What a fun Sunday afternoon!
Without further ado, here she be...
(L): Finished product. (R) Hanging nicely above our TV that never gets used.
Here are my friend's paintings - you'll have to turn your head sideways because I'm way too lazy to turn them for you!
FYI - My love language is words of affirmation. If you'd like to fill my love bucket, go ahead and tell me how wonderful this painting is. I'll try to smile and gently nod instead of telling you everything that is wrong with it (and trust me - everything is wrong with it). I even asked Trice what is was and he said, "I dunno!"





OH Grace!!! You make me laugh!! And I DO think that yours looks great!! If you ever want to feel better about your painting abilities, you should go with me!! I am NOT an artist!
ReplyDeleteO my goodness I'll go in your place! Love stuff like that! Yours looks great!
ReplyDelete